Prev: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu Next: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)

[GZG] TMP and the 1980s

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:30:35 -0400
Subject: [GZG] TMP and the 1980s

Jones spake thus:
Although the content is good the presentation is dreadful - it's stuck
in a
1980s web site, opportunity missed.
--

I only have one thing to say: The site contains great content and I find
it

And God save us all from "Web 2.0"!

There are several camps of Internet 'Designers' who seem to think that a
site must have Flash Navigation (could there be a more ridiculous idea?)
and
that all sites are to be served over fat pipes (still not true, even
today).
At least the TMP doesn't strike me as terribly bloated even if the
navigation/information location isn't as great as it could be.

Anyone that uses Flash as the only route into/through their site should
be
lined up against a wall amongst the decomposing bodies of those who used
make frequent use of the HTML blink and similar crimes against ocular
systems.

Now, Tim didn't say specifically what improvements he'd recommend, and
I'm
not rushing to prejudge. In many cases, newer/new-fangled does not
necessarily equate to better - especially for web design.

And besides, I'm just happy the wonderful information exists. I can deal
with the less than 100% optimal presentation... I'm just glad there is a
repository of such neat stuff out there.

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead."  --  Thomas Paine

   Thomas Paine

Prev: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu Next: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)