Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17 Next: Re: [GZG] Robot Inspiration

Re: [GZG] Unmanned tracked combat vehicle

From: "Chris Slavensky" <sepplainer@g...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:15:39 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Unmanned tracked combat vehicle

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
wrote:
> > At 9:11 AM -0500 10/13/08, Bill Brush wrote:
> >

> > Looks like they're still testing. the weak points aren't the
vehicles,
> but the fact that the command point has a wireless link. As long as
the
> transmission and crypto are secure you're good, as soon as that goes
down,
> you have a problem. The bigger issue is that your command post, even
if
> mobile, is still an emitter.
> >
> > Some independent operational functions by the UCTV would be useful.
> >

> That was my thought also, but AFAIK it hasn't been a real issue with
> the Predator drones.	Or has it?
>
> Bill

Not really had many issues yet because we use them against combatants
well
below our tech level. Many times they are used for snooping so they are
not
active against anyone looking to jam them up or cut communications.
--
Chris Slavensky

Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17 Next: Re: [GZG] Robot Inspiration