Prev: Re: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss? Next: Re: [GZG] Independent Characters (SGII)

Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:05:59 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

it is named as belonging to a specific power I would use it for that
specific power or for mercenaries. I can well imagine there will be some
big megacorps selling the same models for all who can afford them.

Just my thoughs,

				   Greetings,

							     Catinator

Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> írta:

> Hi all,
>
> I posed this question on TMP the other day, and thought it was worth
> repeating here:
>
> If a mini (say, a vehicle or starship) is described as belonging to a
> specific power or faction in a specific game system, is that going to
> make you any less likely to use it with a different force or in a
> different game system than if that same mini was described in very
> generic terms?
> If I named something as a "UNSC Marines MkVII "Piranha" Light Grav
> Tank", would you ONLY think of it in those terms, or would you still
> think "hey, cool tank, that'll do for my Peoples' Republic of New
> California Revolutionary GuardŠ"?
> And, if you DID use it for your own army, would any of your little
> gaming buddies grumble that "that's a <xxx> tank for <xxx> army/game,
> you can't use it for your PRNCŠ."
>
> What prompted this thought was the fact that while our Stargrunt
> infantry figures have always been named for particular powers within
> the game background, the vehicle ranges have always been kept fairly
> generic rather than being specifically tied to a faction, and we've
> always encouraged people to use them for whatever forces they like;
> but I'd be very interested in any opinions either way on thisŠ.
>
> Related to this, do folks like to see vehicle types NAMED, even if
> they are not specifically tied to a force or faction? Do you think of
> the V15-01 as a Cougar, or just as a tracked MBT...?
>
> Reactions to the thread on TMP so far seem to suggest that most folks
> are happy with using stuff for whatever they wish, with only a couple
> of people going with the other view; It'll be interesting to see what
> the GZG ListMind thinks!
>
> Jon (GZG)

SWISS Új Őszi akció:
Amerika álom áron és új repülőjárat Genfbe már 30.800 Ft-tól!
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,288556,350982/click.prm

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss? Next: Re: [GZG] Independent Characters (SGII)