Prev: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not? Next: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 00:18:40 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> And, if you DID use it for your own army, would any of your little
> gaming buddies grumble that "that's a <xxx> tank for <xxx> army/game,
> you can't use it for your PRNCŠ."

I don't currently play with anybody like that.	And I won't either.
I don't play games where the size of your wallet or your luck in finding
a mini means you win.  No collectible games.  If I'm out numbered for
other reasons, like a campain, that's ok.  If I'm out gunned because
you paid $75 for a Super Star Destroyer on Ebay, forget it.

That's why I love Full Thrust.	 Any ship, any universe, any time, any
media.

Paper and counters?  Yep.  Minis?  Yep.  Play by email?  Yep.  Full
computer?  Yep.

Now, I'm not a Stargrunt player today.	It's mainly because the
prepainted
stuff I've bought so far is out of scale.  I've got a ton of prepainted
Star
Wars figures and abandened GW figures mostly painted.  But I really need
FMA
to play with games with them and convert other players.

Speaking of converting players:  I've been teaching new players at cons
for
a couple of years now.	I was thinking of making a series of free
instuctional
videos for people who can't get to cons but have internet access.
Anyone got
a problem with that?  Jon?

Gzg-l mailing list
Gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu