Prev: Re: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss? Next: Re: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss?

Re: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss?

From: "Michael" <mwsaber6@m...>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:04:05 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss?

 1 six pack of Jolt got me from San Francisco to Fort Hood TX, with 2 to
spare

Michael Brown
mwsaber6@msn

	From: Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com>
	Subject: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss?
	To: gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu
	Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 4:47 AM

Funny Canadian connection (Hudak may or may not remember this,possibly
also Mr. Raynes or Mr. Davis)...One year, visiting Mike Sarno in PA,
there were references made toMountain Dew and Code Red and I said
"What's the big deal? It'ssweetswamp water that isn't that good and
what's the point?" DavidRaynespointed out that the programming industry
thrives on it in the USA. Iwas puzzled. I said "Why?" and the reply
involved the vast amount ofsugar and caffeine it contains. I was further
puzzled. "Caffeine?Mountain Dew contains caffeine in the US?" The looks
I got around thetable from the 'Mericans was priceless.Sarno took one
look at me and said"What the Hell kind of Communist country do you come
from anyway? Nocaffeine in
 Mountain Dew - what the Hell???!??!!"I pointed out that, as far as I
know, the only carbonated beverages inCanada with caffeine are colas - I
don't think you *can* add caffeinehere to anything else. Thus Mountain
Dew ends up as some sort ofsickly tasting, unmemorable beverage. If you
want steam for long hoursand late nights, Coke Classic, C2 or (heaven
forfend) Jolt Cola orthat g*dfosaken fruity Red Bull crap is your weapon
of choice. Me, Ijust drink some C2 or Diet Coke.But then, apparently I'm
from a Communist Country.... True, North,Strong, and Communist!TomBPS -
The comment Mike Sarno made fit in even better because at thetime we
were running a weekend campaign of an ESU attack on the NACcolony of New
Providence (expat New Englanders, some Basques, CanadianMaritimers -
mostly acquatic economy, small islands, etc). This alsospawned Mike's
other great line of the weekend...
 when the ESU werelanding for their assault on the starport after
fighting a brutalbattle over the PDC.... Sarno, speaking as the New
Providence militarycommander sent a communique to the ESU... the
equivalent of Bastogne's"Nuts".... a one line message: "Get your ass
back toEurasia!". Andthat was kind of how the hard fought campaign ended
up too (ESU sentpacking with bloody nose)!> Phillip Atcliffe wrote:>>>
Hudak, Michael wrote:>>>>> I really need to lay off the Mt Dew....>>>>>
Not me. I've only just found a shop here that sells the stuff!First Dew
I've had for what -- 5 years? Blast the twits who took it off themass
market.>>> Wow, that is a neighborhood I need to avoid.>Not
neighbourhood -- /country!/ Mountain Dew was (finally) released inthe UK
in the mid-90s, but vanished completely a couple of years
 later.I was just lucky in that the place I worked at the time had
justreceived what must have been a large shipment of cans of the stuff
justprior to its sudden disappearance, so I was able to get it from
vendingmachines and the occasional local shop that I found to still have
somefor something like a year afterwards. But I haven't seen it since,
untilI wancdered into, of all things, an Asian supermarket in the
localChinatown, and there it was! Now I conduct semi-regular raids to
buy asmuch as I can easily carry away. It's a pain to have to rely on
publictransport; if I had a car readily available here, I could get so
muchmore. If I could afford it, of course; since, as far as I can work
out,Dew is imported rather than made here, it's not cheap.Phil, planning
a raid for the weekend... 8-)-------------- next part --------------An
HTML attachment was

scrubbed...URL:http://vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu:1337/cgi-bin/mailman/pr
ivate/gzg-l/attachments/20080926/acd0bf52/attachment.htm-- "Now, I go to
spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is aterrible
responsibility but I have learned to live with it."    Londo, A Voice in
the Wilderness, Part I"To argue with a person who has renounced the use
of reason is likeadministering medicine to the dead."  --  Thomas Paine
mailing
listGzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.eduhttp://vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu:13
37/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/gzg-l

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss? Next: Re: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss?