Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New stuff info and New Offer! :-) Next: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New stuff info and New Offer! :-)

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:06:24 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New stuff info and New Offer! :-)

ojunky wrote:
> Phillip Atcliffe wrote:
>
>> Hudak, Michael wrote:
>>
>>> I really need to lay off the Mt Dew....
>>>
>> Not me. I've only just found a shop here that sells the stuff! First
Dew I've had for what -- 5 years? Blast the twits who took it off the
mass market.

> Wow, that is a neighborhood I need to avoid.

Not neighbourhood -- /country!/ Mountain Dew was (finally) released in
the UK in the mid-90s, but vanished completely a couple of years later.
I was just lucky in that the place I worked at the time had just
received what must have been a large shipment of cans of the stuff just
prior to its sudden disappearance, so I was able to get it from vending
machines and the occasional local shop that I found to still have some
for something like a year afterwards. But I haven't seen it since, until

I wancdered into, of all things, an Asian supermarket in the local
Chinatown, and there it was! Now I conduct semi-regular raids to buy as
much as I can easily carry away. It's a pain to have to rely on public
transport; if I had a car readily available here, I could get so much
more. If I could afford it, of course; since, as far as I can work out,
Dew is imported rather than made here, it's not cheap.

Phil, planning a raid for the weekend... 8-)

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New stuff info and New Offer! :-) Next: [GZG] Mountain Dew - Why the fuss?