Prev: Re: [GZG] Four legs good !! Next: Re: [GZG] Four legs good !!

Re: [GZG] Four legs good !!

From: Robert N Bryett <rbryett@g...>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:11:11 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Four legs good !!

It's certainly clever. The way it recovers its balance is certainly
impressive. So far though, it doesn't demonstrate any compelling
argument for legs over wheels or caterpillar tracks. None of the
terrain that the video shows the robot crossing would present much of
a challenge to an all-wheel-drive vehicle. Look at these loonies:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKIeaqtPzY

Best regards, Robert Bryett