Prev: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server? Next: [GZG] Licensing Re: Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:12:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2008 22:23:50 Ernest Prabhakar wrote:
>> If you really want to be picky,
>
> No, I don't. I was just trying to be helpful in clarifying things.

Things need to be discussed at that level of detail (i.e. "picky") --
because, if we don't think about this, and you put this up there, and a
black
hat who is "picky" finds the loophole and makes money of your efforts
and Jon T.'s IP, everybody loses (except the bastard who found the
loophole
to make money.)

So, be prepared for much pedantic detail discussion, because, that's
where the devil is, and that's the type of discussion you need to
have to protect Jon T.'s work.

I unfortunately can't help much -- IANAL, and my professional
computer experience is with single source or licensing setups, for
closed commercial use.	I have no experience of what the potential
loopholes are when you're building source on somebody else's IP,
especially when you want to make the source open source without opening
up the rights on the IP as well.

JGH

--
** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan -
TBFTGOGGI **

Prev: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server? Next: [GZG] Licensing Re: Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?