Prev: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server? Next: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

[GZG] Darkstar Re: Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

From: Ernest Prabhakar <ernest.prabhakar@g...>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:19:50 -0700
Subject: [GZG] Darkstar Re: Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

Hi Charles,
>> I would be interested in helping you with this project.

Thanks. FYI, we're currently discussing this on the ftjava-test
mailing list, so I suggest you subscribe there <
ftjava-test-request@firedrake.org
 > if you aren't already.

> If you should take a look at
>
> http://www.projectdarkstar.com/
>
> Its an open source massively multi-player game back end.  It takes
> care
> of storage, persistence, client/server comm, and resource
> deconfliction.
> It might save you some work.

Hm, interesting.  If we go down the route of taking the existing
FTJava stack and moving it to the web, I agree DarkStar would make a
useful resource.

My current preference is to a complete (if lightweight) rewrite in
Python, so we can use Google AppEngine, which provides some similar
services (and initially free hosting :-).

-- Ernie P.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server? Next: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?