Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:38:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj62/mike_stanczyk/second%20paint/

>>  The unprimered minis are different models from the same series.
>>

>Ok, the white coat is on.  Took 4 tries to get the black primer to
>not show through.  Pictures in the same place.
>
>For the photographers on the list:  I took pictures with a cloth blue
>background and a flat back foamboard background.  The camera had issues
>with the black.  Any ideas why?  Same minis, same lighting, taken
within
>minutes of each other.

The camera is probably sensing the large amount of black, and
overexposing to compensate - this will "burn out" any detail in the
white areas. For all our catalogue pics now, I use a mid-blue card
background which seems to keep the exposure just right.

Jon (GZG)