Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... (oven) Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Fred Kiesche <recursive_loop@y...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

it's resin, the baking is out.

Have you tried priming with spray paint rather than by brush?

And dry brushing is with a scant (very scant amount of paint) to "pick
out" detailing.

I'd suggest:

A painting session at a convention.

A book on painting miniatures even from some non-FT source (e.g.,
Warhammer, D&D, etc.)

Some figures or even a couple of HO model railroad houses or other
scenary, etc., so you can practice on something other than a FT
miniature. A lot of what you lean for one will help in others.

As for stripping paint off of resin...what kind of paint is it? I've
used cleaners such as PineSol and oven cleaner on plastic
models--PineSol on water-based, oven cleaner on oil-based, but
experiment on something else first to see what the results are!

F.P. Kiesche III
"Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book. Always, scribble,
scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on being presented
with Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.) Blogging at
The Lensman's Children and TexasBestGrok!