Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

[GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:23:38 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Fred said:

"When I got a bunch primed, I would put them on a piece of wood (2x4,
for example), then put them in a low oven (200 degrees F) for 20
minutes.
The relatively low heat plus time would cause the prime coat to "suck
onto" the miniature, allowing a lot of detail to stand forth."

TomB:

Doesn't lead and/or white metal have the kind of low melting point you
can reach with a small electric hotplate? And any plastic or acrylic
stuff would be dodgy for this (possibly resin too - something tells me
it won't cook too well?).

BTW - I'm always looking for good modelling tips for stargrunt.ca. Can
I post this one? (With a disclaimer 'not to blame if your grav tank
bursts into flame or you inhale toxic fumes!')

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible responsibility but I have learned to live with it."

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

 Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...