Prev: Re: [GZG] seekingmetalflightstands [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 23:20:38 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Tom B wrote:

> Alternate wet palette not involving sponge at all:
> http://www.stargrunt.ca/gallery_modeling/wet_palette/wet_palette.htm

That's what I went with for my first painting attempt.

I base coated in black then a medium grey for the first coat.
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj62/mike_stanczyk/first%20paint/

I forgot the flash was on in the first picture.

I'm concerned that:
1) I'm losing detail.  Too thick paint?

2) Time to paint.  It took me 40 minutes to paint the GZG ship.  My
first
attempt to paint another ship not pictured, via drybrushing (the
pictured
ships are not drybrushed.) was a disaster.

Mike

Prev: Re: [GZG] seekingmetalflightstands [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands