Prev: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands Next: [GZG] IJN Miniatures

Re: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:12:30 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands

have been cutting the large plastic posts down about 1/2 an inch, then
drilling a small small hole 1/4 inch down the post, and in the
miniature. Then
pinning it together. Have not had the miniature of post stand brake yet

Vince

In a message dated 9/3/2008 2:07:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sax@soundingrocket.com writes:

I've had  it with these plastic stands.  The plastic
bases are okay because I  end up mounting them on
a fender washer to lower the center of gravity,  but
the plastic posts are for the birds.  They break  too
easily.

So, I'm looking through the GZG online store.
FT 004	does not seem suitable as it uses a
plastic post.  FT-003 is described  as a "large
hex stand (metal)".  How large is the hex base?
Is the	post metal?

FT-STAND-MET has a plastic base with metal post
for  bigger ships.  How large is the platic  base?

Thanks.

--Greg

**************It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your
travel
deal here.

Prev: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands Next: [GZG] IJN Miniatures