Prev: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval Next: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval

Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval

From: "Thomas Pope" <tpope@c...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:23:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval

> No problem, Tom. I got the message, and compared with
> moderns, your points were a good ones. Consider us
> just honing the fine points. ;->=

Indeed.  :-)

> > If you want a simple, quick and most of all fun game
> > of Cold-War era naval combat (OK, not really
> > "moderns" now, I know...) then you could do a lot
> > worse than pick up an old copy of Seastrike.....
> > ;-)
>
> I was about to mention this, though it can be a bit
> hard to find.

I hadn't heard of it until Jon's email.  I'm not sure it was "hard" to
find, but it's certainly "expensive" to find.  Noble Knight Games has
one for $85 US.  Two people on BGG have one for what might as well be
that much between currency conversion and shipping.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7590

It definitely is going onto my list though.

> Of course, we've at least two things as FT players to
> thank from Seastrike (I know Ariel made one version).
> Jon generously acknowledged it for inspiration for the
> icons on the SSD's, and a list member (old man's brain
> fart as to who) made a scenario generator influenced
> by Trav: TNE's Brilliant Lances...

Which is also on my (long and growing) list for a completely different
reason.

Thanks

Tom

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval Next: Re: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval