Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6? Next: Re: [GZG] Changing topics again (FoW) Was: Re: FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:07:24 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

On 7/29/08, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hah! Have you played Flames of War? I have heard many people cry
> "cheese!!!!" whenever a German player takes things like Hummels,
Nashorns,
> or heaven forbid, Ferdinands and Tigers (or King Tigers now). I've
heard the

I will say as a caveat that it's not putting a heavy tank or heavy
tank destroyer on the field, it's the way some players want to field
them.  A full strength Heavy Panzerjaeger Battalion is about 30
vehicles.  I've seen more of certain models on the table than were
produced in reality.  And King Tigers. . . Don't get me started.  But
that was in Command Decision games.

> "cheese" cry in the groups I play with, but not very often. I hear it
more
> in groups I don't play with. Personally, I like playing the Germans
> (particularly 21.Panzer and 10.Panzer, both in North Africa). They may
have
> some really nice units, but they had their own challenges. Fielding a
Tiger
> or two against a Strelkovy force is NOT going to win any games for the
> German - but the other players don't want to see that. They just see
this
> heavily armored beast rumbling around that they have nothing to stop
it, and

If they are playing Western allies and they DON'T have a fighterbomber
with 5" rockets specifically for that reason, they have forgotten how
that war was fought historically.

John
--Vita Aureliani