Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

From: Peter Thoenen <eol1@y...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:23:10 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

Heh, I am actually going to order one as soon as I figure out what my
APO address is.

As for the best game oriented MWR package I have seen, GAMA has a nice
one: http://www.gama.org/games-to-troops2

I have actually seen these and troops grab them as fast as the arrive in

my experience.

> I've never heard any reaction, pro or con.

It really depends on the MOS and location.  From 12 years of doing
downrange work the most popular games are Spades, Texas Holdem (more so
in the last 5 years), Axis and Allies, Risk, Monopoly, and Life.  If you

get into the military geek realm (e.g. intel and signal) you get a lot
of RPG guys.  I have also seen beer + pretzels games played though
infrequently (think Awful Green things From Outer Space and Nuclear
War); occasionally I stumble across CCG guys.

I can honestly say though I have NEVER once seen miniature or strategic
games played though ... namely I think do to the fragility of miniatures

and lack of time to invest ... not to say it doesn't happen though; just

that I haven't seen it.