Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:30:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

At 11:15 AM -0400 7/17/08, Tom B wrote:

>---------
>[Tomb] I'm not sure how that is 'except' since I
>never mentioned utility or deployment in the
>passage of mine you had quoted?
>
>But I concur with you. Mines deployed without
>supervision are an impediment or threat to
>civilians or underequipped militaries (maybe not
>even that). Any worthwhile force will sweep them
>away or blow a passage through them. Similarly,
>a field that isn't of the right type won't be a
>big threat.

The same thing goes for IEDs. the majority of
them are useless once the guys have a bit of a
hint on the tactics to get around them. IT takes
less than 5 minutes for a Bison to roll up and
defeat an IED. Mines are in the exact same class.

IEDs as used aren't an effective military weapon.
They don't do didly squat to the military forces
in a military sense. Accidents and disease are
pretty darn close to the same area.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS