Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:06:45 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

I think you're missing my point. Not having a working grav technology
at all, neither of us has any clue how a "real" grav mine would work,
what its limitations would be, or whether countermeasures (if possible
at all) would require a specialized vehicle or not. This is because
grav is still totally speculative. It might be fun and engaging
speculation, worth including in a game, but at the moment if we really
want to be realistic we wouldn't have grav in the first place.

What I'm getting at is that, unless your particular setting has a
particular reason to embrace/reject grav mines, then your primary
goals as a designer will be game-related. That is, to keep the game
fun, interesting, flexible, tactically rich, and to make sure victory
or defeat hinges on tactics at the table rather than optimized vehicle
designs. To achieve those ends, you need to consider the gameplay
elements I described.