Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:29:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

have seen pictures of Strikers that have made it back to base with
shattered wheels, something that a tracked vehicle that suffers track
damage
can't do."

Never meant to suggest this was not possible. But 1) made it back to
base
does not mean it didn't sit very still and immobile for a time after the
detonation or that it was driven back necessarily by original crew and
2) if
vehicles are actually disabled some of the time, then it should be
possible
in the game to affect 8x8s (HiMob Wheeled). So what sort of odds of an
M-kill are reasonable? Should it be linked to a notion of 'weapon class'
for
the IED charge? Or should it be a flat number (roll Dx where 1-n
produces
suspension damage/M-kill)? SG2 has a non-penetrating hits mechanism -
all
I'm trying to comprehend a reasonable allocation of M-kills for
non-penetrating hits is and what factors would vary the numbers.

TomB

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS