Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "John Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:53:20 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

This makes the assumption that max armor will remain linked to vehicle
size as it is in SG/DS II.  DS3 removes this linkage.  I regularly field
size 3 vehicles with 6 frontal armor, 5 on the sides, and 2-3 on the
other facings.	Assuming that Jon carries the concept over to SG:AC,
you'll see more realistically armored vehicles than what you get in the
current rules.

> Up-armouring will help against IEDs and RPGs. Of course, then you run
> into the question of whether a HMMWV or Gelandenwagen is size 2 and if
> not, how you can fit class 2 armour on it.

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS