Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:14:26 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> My take on them (which I suppose you can consider as at least
> semi-official for the GZG-verse) is that the "early" grav systems
> will be maintenance-intensive, probably with lift field generating
> equipment that requires regular tuning, alignment or whatever, while
> the later high-tech grav will be more a case of solid state modules
> that need little support unless/until they actually fail, when you
> just pull the module and slot in a new one.... that's if you HAVE a
> new one to hand of course....  ;-)

If you want to make Grav vehicles a little less than "absolutely the
best thing out there", you could declare that the grav's signature
(PSB the cause of that signature) makes them easier to spot, so
stealth and/or ECM is a little less effective on them. You either have
to build in better counter-measures, or they are a little easier to
see/hit than similarly sized wheeled or tracked vehicles.

--
Allan Goodall http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS