Prev: Re: [GZG] Living rulebooks Next: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?

Re: [GZG] Living rulebooks

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:41:45 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Living rulebooks

jan Ariander wrote:

> You don't need to upgrade to FT3, but it'd be very nearly as much work
> reconcile all the partly-contradicting and partly-superceding rules
from
> the four existing books and editing it into a legible whole as it
would be
> to actually write FT3. What's worse, only a small part of the FT2/FB
> consolidation editing work would be useful for FT3 - most of it would
have
> to be done all over again :-( Which is why it hasn't been done
"officially"
> yet.

On the other hand, that book might be turned into a commercial product
and sold as FT 2.5. Possibly just as a PDF release. It might be pushed
into stores with some sort of media blitz. Hire an artist and
anthologize Rot Hafen and Beth's Kra'vak War stories ? License a graphic

novel and you've struck marketing gold.

Depends on what Jon wants to do with the business I suppose..

Prev: Re: [GZG] Living rulebooks Next: Re: [GZG] What are the pitfalls of standardised forces?