Prev: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different... Next: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

From: "John Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:39:44 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

Hello Mr. T. :)

'cause I don't care much for SG.  It always seemed to me be
organizationally odd.  Kind of sqaud level, but not quite really.  I
think that I'll like SG:AC better.

For what it's worth, my gaming buddy Tom (Pope) made a deal with me a
few years ago that we haven't acted upon. He does want to play SG in 6mm
and has some NSL painted up and mounted on individual stands.  I've
promised that when he sets up an NSL force of at least company size for
DS, I'll set up a company sized force from one of my factions on
individual bases to use in SG as the opfor.

So, maybe some day. :) For now, I'm gonna keep playing DS3 and try to
work the kinks out.

:D

> Mr. Lerchey,
>
> Why don't you just play SG in 6mm? 6mm is the correct figure scale =
> ground scale for SG. 1" = 10m is roughly 6.6mm = 2.5m which is pretty
> close to 2m for a 6mm figure.
>
> No need to wait! Get our 6mm forces out now and play away! The only
> challenge is wound/casualty marking for stands and detaching units,
but if
> you have enough models or a cunning basing scheme this is probably
> workable too.
>
> T.
>
> -- "Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
> terrible responsibility but I have learned to live with it." Londo, A
> Voice in the Wilderness, Part I
>
> "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
> administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
>
> Thomas Paine

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University