Prev: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different... Next: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:17:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

>2008/7/11 Damond Walker <<mailto:damosan@gmail.com>damosan@gmail.com>:
>

>What is SG:AC?
>
>I think SG:AC är Stargrunt:Assault Company. Rules written for 15mm
models.

Yes, exactly that. Something that I'm working on (with feedback from
the playtest group) to fit in between SGII and DSII, designed for
reinforced-company-level forces. Still in early alpha form at the
moment with a number of major decisions still to be made about rule
mechanics, but I hope it will progress to a reasonably complete
playtestable beta version before TOO long.

I haven't said much about it outside the playtest group because it's
still at a very early stage - it's not exactly secret, but much may
change before it's in any shape for even a limited playtest release,
so there hasn't been a lot to tell you yet.

What I CAN say with reasonable certainty is:

It will be called STARGRUNT: ASSAULT COMPANY, to keep the link to
SGII on which a lot of it is based. Hence SG:AC, with or without the
colon.

It is designed primarily for 15mm figures and vehicles, with infantry
based as multi-figure stands (typically 3-5 man fireteam stands,
though 2-man teams and full squad stands will also feature depending
on organisation and tech level) and vehicles based individually.
Basing size and shape is non-critical, so those of you with
single-based figures for SGII needn't worry - you can just blu-tack
them to a card fireteam base, or even just move a little clump of
them around as a single element. Using 10mm, 6mm etc. with it should
not be a problem.

Typical forces at medium tech levels will be Company sized - three or
four platoons plus maybe some supporting units. Lower tech forces may
be larger, and higher-tech ones much smaller than this. Tech level
differences will feature particularly strongly, with a platoon-sized
force of very high-tech troops being able to take on a couple of
companies or more of low-tech in what we hope will be a reasonable
game matchup.

The game mechanics will be broadly similar to both SGII and DSII in
many ways (still the FMA system at the core of it), but we WILL be
changing things where we feel there is better way of doing them.
While we will try to keep as much overall consistency between the
games as practical, the overall goal is to make SG:AC as good as we
can.

Yes, it's an unashamed and blatantly commercial attempt to get you
all to buy lots of our lovely 15mm figures and vehicles. However it
will remain as broadly generic as possible so that you can use your
own setting if you wish, it won't be specifically tied to just the
GZG-verse.

No, I don't know when it will be ready for release, or in what format
it will be published, but when something is ready you will all be
among the first to know!  ;-)

Jon (GZG)