Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] DS3?

Re: [GZG] DS3?

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:01:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] DS3?

Jon subcontracted DS3 design and production to the Vorlon Empire.
It'll be ready when they decide that humanity is ready. You can
contact their Customer Service department here:
http://www.toppa.com/ask-kosh

On 7/9/08, Bill Brush <bbrush@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rather than repeating the highjacking of the other thread...
>
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 10:47 AM, John Lerchey <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:
> > In DS3, I too would love to be able to send recon or fast attack
units off to go nail enemy artillery, once the CBS has locked into an
area so that I'd know where to send them.  The problem generally lies in
how far off table they are.  In DS3, there are off table zones, but they
are not well defined.  I can tell you how many Tactical Combat Rounds it
takes an incoming mission to get to the table, but that does not tell me
how long it takes a platoon of fast attack vehicles to get to them
across unknown terrain types once they've left the appropriate side of
the table.
> > :(
>
> Is there really a DS3 or is it just speculation?
>
> I just ask because when I left this list (about 8 years ago or so,
> just rejoined), there was talk of it.  When I originally joined the
> list there was talk of it.  Hell when I first e-mailed Jon about it in
> 1991 there was talk of it.
>
> At this point it could be released at the 20th anniversary of DS2.
>
> As an aside it's both gratifying and surreal to rejoin the group and
> see many of the same names in the archives.  I feel a bit like I'm in
> a time warp.
>
> Bill

Robert Mayberry
(678) 984-5113
Robert.Mayberry@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] DS3?