Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:06:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 10:47:42AM +1000, John Tailby wrote:

>I find it really funny how the orginal request "what is the current 40k
>game like?" has generated a huge storm about people's bad experiences
>10+ years ago with the game that bares little relationship to the
>current version.

I think the problem is that at least in the UK there are the Games
Workshop players - who wouldn't be on a list like this because they
don't play anything else - and the people who aren't interested in GW
(maybe they've never played, or they have given up some time ago).

Personally I quite liked Necromunda apart from the "must shoot at
closest target" rule, but I was playing with mates who didn't care in
the slightest about "official" figures and indeed had bought the boxed
sets extra-cheaply because the game was being discontinued. :-)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations