Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 18:48:43 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

old WRG ww2 and modern rules used to mark of part of each player's
deployment zone to allow the depiction of rear area units like artillery
and air defence.
The "reason" that FoW uses aircraft and artillery is so that people can
play with their models. Aircraft tended to interdict supply convoys and
units moving to the front line rather than bomb units in close contact
with friendly. I am not saying it didn't happen but it's not how it's
typically depicted.
I like the idea of on table rear areas either behind the main battle
area or on a side table. You can then use your artillery models and
exercise skill in their deployments. As you noted you can then play out
air attacks and counter battery on the rear areas.
I'd much rather play games where we use the models rather than dice for
effects.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations