Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: Damo <damosan@g...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:33:42 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

On Jul 8, 2008, at 7:53 PM, Eli Arndt wrote:

> Ditto on the enjoyed it until The Clans. The game at that time felt
> very
> much like Dune with a bit of a grittier feel but with giant robot
> combat. I
> was never a huge fan of the mechanics of the game, but played it
> religiously
> for years with a huge group of friends. The politics and
> personalities of
> the Inner Sphere we always a lot more interesting than The Clans.

Agree 100%.  We played LOTS of BT and Mechwarrior typically running
tank companys -- the boys didn't get paid as much as the glory
hunting 'mech drivers but there was always work...

Lots of great fun building the initial reduced company up to a
battalion of vehicles...only to have them smoked due to bad intel.  :)

Damo