Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! - Artillery

From: Damo <damosan@g...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 18:20:06 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! - Artillery

On Jul 8, 2008, at 7:41 AM, germ@germy.co.uk wrote:

> In a Sci-Fi planet assault scenario your unlikely to have GPS to
> rely on.
> Does modern day artillery without GPS become no better than it's
> WWII ancestor?

My take is that in a future like that a scan of the planet surface
would have already been done......allowing ortillery / strikes /
arty. to range in to within 50 meters.

I mean really now -- if technology has advanced so far that you're
talking about assaulting another planet why not go all the way?

D.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations