Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: Damo <damosan@g...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 18:13:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

On Jul 8, 2008, at 6:06 AM, John Tailby wrote:

> If artillery can accurately and quickly demolish  mobile armies
> then you could easily end up with SCIFI ww1. Tanks would become
> extinct and it would all be about large zones of no mans land
> patrolled by observer drones

Artillery is also a tool -- it can be used to deny passage or you can
advance behind a wall of it.  You can burn who passages of ground,
drop bomblettes, generate smoke, etc.  I guess my point is that it's
more than just dropping rounds on upright infantry platoons in the
open.  It's a tool.

Pretty much like any weapons system really.  :)

Damo

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!