Prev: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!) Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:34:33 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

Adrian1 wrote:

>I can three attempts already that tried to deal with both artillery and
>ortillery.
>
>In the early 90s there was a game called "Centurion/Leviathans/etc"
that
>had ortillery that used mass drivers to fire giant nails at grav tanks
-
>don't know how they dealt with anti-ortillery but they must have.

The Renegade Legion games. Although the background fluff mentions heavy
air-to-space weapons, I can't find any stats for them in the game rules;

for practical game purposes the only anti-ortillery option available
seems
to be to send out fighters to destroy the THOR satellites.

>"Invasion Earth", a rather lengthy novel had used the equivelant of AA
>guns that could apparently shoot ortillery shells in flight.
>
>The Tollan in Stargate had anti-ship Ion cannons that could kill major
>warships with a single ship.  These would lead to a good wargames since
>you would have to launch light, fast, NUMEROUS small assault craft to
>clear the heavy weapons BEFORE you could get either heavy supply or
>ortillery in place since it would be a sitting duck.  I suppose by
>extension, entire campaigns could be based around the assault
on/defence
>of these massive but immobile weapons.

Sounds rather like the assault on Hoth in SW:TISB...

Later,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.