Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

From: paul@o...
Date: 08 Jul 2008 16:14:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

> > Hell why fight for such a problem rock....) Chances are
> > humans would want to settle human friendly planets....
>
> It may just be a problem rock to you, but many of us call it home.  :)
>
> Stoopid intollerant hyu-mans.

Indeed! Also, let's not forget:

* That rock is the only source of PlotDeviceium, a rare and valuable
mineral, anywhere within three sectors.

* That rock is so hard to map, with its weird clouds that prevent good
satellite surveillance, that it's the perfect place for the insurgents
set up their resupply camps.

* That rock is really valuable because the politicians say so! How would
it
look if those Ruritanian bastards made us cut and run?! So you better
get
down there and get the job done, soldier.

And so on and so forth. You can always come up with a reason, and it
won't
be any better or worse than tens of thousands of brave soldiers have
died
for in centuries past.

-P.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)