Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: Adrian1 <al.ll@t...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 10:50:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

John Atkinson wrote:

> I dislike GW's marketing methods and whatnot, but this discussion
> seems to have generated far more passion than a frickin' game is
> worth, IMHO.
>
> John M. Atkinson

Some believe in their cause and some are just bored enough to get
involved in a pointless argument.  I would love to find a civilied topic

that compares various wargames systems but you an bet that hardliners
would turn it into a "my system (something written in the last year) is
better than your system (ditto)" argument.

I still consider the first scifi wargames rules I ever bought (Laserburn

by TTG) about 20 years ago good rules since they were easy to alter.
Then again I bought nearly eveything TTG produced.

Battletech/Mechwarrior has always been a odd idea to me since even
though it's enjoyable, I can't equate it with a "wargame".  Whenever
possible, I used my custom built PPG-armed  fast hovercraft to make like

miserable for the walking targets.  Strangely enough, I always found the

power armour in Battletech more to my taste than that in WH40K.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!