Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:02:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

On this, I'll have to disagree with you; for some folk, 'should', here,
becomes a question of morality. They actually perceive an evil empire.

Also, GW wants to have a deep and ongoing relationship with you. That's
worth a warning, too. Though, as I've said some folk LOVE that.

Now, if you ask 'is 40k a fun and enjoyable system', you're narrowing
the
question, but some of the issues mentioned still are worth considering.

However, if you mention Customer Service, you're already familiar with
the
company and 'how things work', which makes much of the discussion moot.
You'll have to admit a bit of lack of clarity in your original post;
nothing I haven't been guilty of a dozen or more times, but fair's
fair...

And, while Jon takes great pains to make certain that ordering is a
pleasure, and mistakes are a rare and easily corrected occurance, you
are
quite correct about GW customer service.

As an example, a company that sells, at a premium, 'bitz', is VERY
generous
when hearing of missing parts. You would expect shipping a sprue would
be
as easy as a single piece, but extras are often thown in, some highly
sought by fanboys. ;->=

Speaking of fanboys, for many, WYSISWYG is very important. I can't get
the
measure of a force (I hate calling a few squads 'an army') with a simple
glance, but many of our players, both store owners and customers, can.
Proxies throw them off their game. *shrug*

My own suggestions? You should try 40k. I think you should try Star
Fleet
Battles, Saganami Island, and Magic The Gathering. All are painful to
play
to me, but they have a strong, loyal fan base, are the cat's meow to
those
worthies, and you may well enjoy, too.

Just, use somebody else's rules and figs until you're sure.

I think you should try Rocketmen, but I think I'm a minority of one.

The_Beast