Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:19:50 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

apologize if my responses have seemed, emotional. I do not like GW
games, but I think that I laid out the pros and cons rather fairly in my
original post. GW games are great for those who like them. But, I would
be lying to somebody if I didn’t point out some of their failings.
However, you have filled your arguments with erroneous “data” trying
to pigeon hole other companies to defend your arguments.

Privateer Press has done nothing to write troops or units out of the
game. They have clarified rules that have needed it and yes, this has
indeed changed, however subtly, the way that figures have played, at
times, but ever figure they have ever included in their game and rules
is still perfectly viable in any sort of game or tournament.

Nobody is disputing a company’s rite or need to expand their product
line, but this does not have to be done to the exclusion of the previous
investments in time and money. It is quite possible for a company to
continue to expand by either adding new components to existing forces
and new rules to existing rules sets. It is even possible to re-write
rules sets completely, while preserving the investments that players
have made. If you evolve the universe of your game, then you are giving
players the option to expand their collections without forcing them to
do so. I know rules sets are going to evolve and even figures lines will
evolve. What I take exception to, with GW, is their constant and blatant
discontinuation of forces.

The original post asked for opinions, so I do not think that giving them
is wrong.

-Eli

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!