Prev: Re: [GZG] Alien Species - The Tonk Next: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal

Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 02:14:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal

>Your leaving out pack hunters, one could argue that it takes
>even greater communication skills to coordinate an attack than
>a herd of "cattle" that runs in the same direction. That said it's
>the omnivore (at least in the one case we know) that develops
>civilization.....)
>
>Don

Not at all.  A quote from my message:
>Most predators, not all, tend to live alone.

IMHO I consider the various pack hunters to be good candidates along
with the "cattle" species.  Generally any species that communicates
makes a good candidate.  Species that have limited communications make
poor candidates.

Wolf/dog packs, for instance is probably the best known example of
communication.	Buffalo/elephants also.  Don't forget the various insect
species.  Most Bees and wasps build nests.  However there are some
species that are loners.

This means you can usually find an example in nature to base an
intelligent species on.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [GZG] Alien Species - The Tonk Next: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal