Prev: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal Next: Re: [GZG] Alien Species - The Tonk

Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 00:10:44 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal

Another issues comes up in how we recognize and rate as intelligence.
There have been long arguements about the prejudicial approach even in
rating human intelligence let alone assigning ratings to animal
intelligences. Heck the dog vs. cat arguement usually hinges on this
concept.

-Eli

My $0.02:  Well, ignoring anything that can't build a
starship...essentially background fluff.
(I can't remember the name of a good scifi novel with a sedentary race.

Quite intelligent, never left their home planet.  Everyone consulted
with them.  Took a long time to for them to think though.)

I think "cattle" races would make good candidates for intelligence.  A
big plus is most "cattle" races are group thinkers.  Most predators, not

all, tend to live alone.  IMHO Predator races would take longer to reach

the "building starships" level than "cattle" races.

I tend to stay out of RL arguments involving animal intelligence.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [GZG] Bovine rebuttal Next: Re: [GZG] Alien Species - The Tonk