Prev: Re: [GZG] List moderation Next: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep

Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:29:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep

That would make for an interesting meat market. I'm not convinced that
mass transport of livestock (vs raising it on-site) is economically
viable, but I'm still running the numbers so I'm not sure. But if it
*IS* viable, then you get a weird case where livestock might be graded
based on where on the ship they were kept-- veal in low gravity or
even free-fall, and tougher cows in the high-grav area.

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org>
wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:57:08PM -0700, Peter Engebos wrote:
>>In Traveller Supplement 7 - Traders and Gunboats, the Empress Marava
far trader is specifically listed as having extra large low berths (Cryo
units) for the transport of live stock.

--
Robert Mayberry

Prev: Re: [GZG] List moderation Next: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep