Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep Next: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

From: mxconnell@o...
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 21:57:51 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

ARK HUMOR MODE ON>
I feel compelled to point out that all "Right Thinking People" realize
the best choice is to send a written comment via post to someone who
will retype,  make copies (preferably mimeographed), staple together and
distribute via return post to each of the contibutors. By this means we
would have hard copy, life long reference material without dependence on
this fly-by-night pipedream called the internet. It worked damn fine
when I was playing RPGs in the 70s, and I think it's just as viable
today. (Insert your own IronMan "That's the way Dad did it..." parody
here.)
I happen to like Yahoo groups. I think it's a good compromise as it
covers individual emails, digests, and can be viewed on line in a
semi-forum mode. They are also public and easy to search for, so they
might actually attract more folks to the games. Unfortunately there is a
religious zeal against Yahoo Groups. I am on dozens of groups, and I
have no problems. Yes, the rare spam leaking through about dating
services and male enhancement products would detract from the deeply
spiritual flow of sheep jokes.
</DARK HUMOR MODE OFF>
The list functions, it meets most of the needs of most of those on it.
It is unlikely to change unless we cease to have access to an email list
server.
Anyone have any game related topics?
Martin

Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep Next: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John