Prev: Re: [GZG] Quick question Next: Re: [GZG] Quick question

Re: [GZG] The end of the Colonies :)

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:43:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] The end of the Colonies :)

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:
> Wow, originally from Canada, and it's the 'American Civil War', and
resides
> south of the Mason-Dixon, and it's not 'War of the Southern
Succession'.

And I have a Civil War roleplaying book being published in the next
couple of months, too! *grin*

Oh, and I'm married to a Texan...

> I tend to think of it from Nebraska as 'that brief occasion to hand
the
> South a victory, then back home to suppressing the native
population...'

The suppression of the native population didn't actually stop during
the Civil War, particularly in the north. They had to find something
for Maj. Gen. John Pope to do after he lost big at 2nd Manassas...

Allan

--
Allan Goodall http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Quick question Next: Re: [GZG] Quick question