Prev: Re: [GZG] Still "colinies" :) Next: Re: [GZG] Sheeps

[GZG] The end of the Colonies :)

From: Enzo de Ianni <enzodeianni@t...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 00:07:13 +0200
Subject: [GZG] The end of the Colonies :)

>Message: 1
>From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@gmail.com>
>
>True--but one presumes that an invasion force would have a number of
>transports.
>
>Personally, I wouldn't drop a single battalion on anything populated
>by more than a few thousand folks in any case.  YMMV....
>...Either Assault Transports are operated in great numbers for a major
>operation, or
>
>Assault transports are used to land an initial force that may be
>limited in size but with as much firepower as possible to secure
>landing sites for troops packed into transports in a more efficient
>but less 'combat ready' configuration.

Sure thing.
You see, after all the exchanges, we are all saying exactly the same
thing: while elite small forces have their role, you need larger
units to win a battle and a whole invasion.

> >  >...Poland or Yugoslavia in WWII.
> >
> >  Well, Poland had no ACTIVE resistance movement until '44 (that's
why

>The Jews in the Ghetto might be surprised to hear that.

(in fact I said "Polish", which was a distinct structure, as you
know, without structural contact with Jews, in fact, for example, did
not participate in the Ghetto uprising)

>The Armia Krajowa might be deeply surprised to hear that--given that
>they (among other things) smuggled V-1 and V-2 rocket parts out of
>Poland to England,

Which are not fighting events but the kind of "special ops" that
small groups are tailored to do...

>fighting in the Zamosec Uprising and Operation
>Tasma, etc. . .

And these are events I simply know nothing about, which proves my
limits.

>Karol Juliusz "Igo" Sym would be surprised to hear that, given his
>date of death as well.

Whose death exactly proves what?

>It's hard to have a conversation with someone who simply makes facts
>up as he pleases.

I could ask for some lessons about the Yugoslavs, too, and why they
were dropped from your discourse, b, friend, with all due respect, I
don't care about such line of reasoning: let's both assume I'm an
idiot and I never opened a book,  I still like to occasionally
exchange friendly inanities with anybody who cares to lose a little
time hearing me.
For the sake of the list and the fact I have too little time to
prepare a paper on each and every line I write, YOU ARE RIGHT AND I
AM WRONG, THREE AMERICAN SPECIAL FORCES GUYS WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO
GET ANYTHING TO ITS KNEES AND BEG, ON THIS PLANET OR ANY OTHER THAT
WILL EVER HAVE THE DISPLEASURE TO BE COLONIZED BY HUMANS, even if
defended by the whole Falkenberg's Legion supported by Hammer's
Slammers!!! :)

> >  Now you hit a good idea... the existence of a sanctuary and
> >  logistical staging area would be important, in the long run; but
> >  after how much time?
>
>Immediately.  Do you have any idea the rate at which modern weapons
>expend ammunition?  Never mind food, water, etc.

Yes, I have, heard about it somewhere, probably in one of these
nights at the bar... and obviously, such logistical problems do not
regard the invading force that have to lug it all across Space (yeah,
it's not a problem, I'm making it all up just to anger you)

Thanks to all for the nice exchange and I hope we can move on with
different aspects of the issue.
Best wishes

							 Enzo de Ianni

Prev: Re: [GZG] Still "colinies" :) Next: Re: [GZG] Sheeps