Prev: Re: [GZG] How fast is FTL in GZGverse? Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:11:53 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Jon T. wrote:

>...There may
>well be international/Interstellar media about filming and reporting
>on everything, but then even if they can smuggle the footage offworld
>(or transmit it to a courier waiting to jump outsystem) it is still
>going to be days/weeks/months before the public back home get to see
>it. So there may well be plenty of firm evidence to court-martial
>people after the event, but still no way of actually stopping
>seriously bad stuff while it is happening.

How is that - no way of stopping seriously bad stuff while it is
happening
- different from today's situation...? Sure, we often get to see
seriously
bad stuff happening almost in real time, but we still can't do anything
about it unless we happen to be *right* there *right* then...
Srebrenica,
anyone? Rwanda?

Regards,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] How fast is FTL in GZGverse? Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies