Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 11:10:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles

At 10:33 AM +0200 5/12/08, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:

>The basic idea is from WWII, designs were developed in the 1960s, I
have
>an open-source Bundeswehr technical article from the 1980 with
>considerable details.

The machining characteristics are supposed to be very trickly. Not so
hard if you get an exact template, but you're up to some serious quality
control issues. The degree of tolerances are FAR less flexible than they
are for traditional shaped charges. An EFP will not have as effective of
performance in depth of armor penetrated than an equivalent shaped
charge.

Funny thing is I keep wanting to say Holtzman Effect when I think of the
shaped charge/EFP, which is of course the Monroe effect. That is
obviously wrong but still funny I think.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles Next: Re: [GZG] Mine resistant vehicles