Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 23:17:05 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

John Atkinson wrote:

> > On another line, I do not believe in the "elite myth"... I think our
> > experiences show that high quality forces (with both training and
> > material superiority) rule the battlefield, but are very limited
when
> > things move to the "asymmetrical" war... want to destroy a planet's
> > power grid? Having local aerospace superiority is all you need! But
> > if you want to occupy for any time the main population centers
> > against a motivated opposition, you'll need far more than SAS or
> > Delta Force or a few companies of powersuited infantry, or they'll
> > bleed to death through thousands small attacks from unarmored,
> > untrained militians, IMO.
>
>Cite an instance.

Cite an instance where elite SF types - which is what Enzo was talking
above above - *by themselves* won a campaign, without any backup from
far
more numerous "normal" ground forces or local militias.

What Enzo is saying is that the elite few can win any number of
*battles*;
but you also need to be able to *hold* the areas you've won in those
battles, and the elite few simply aren't numerous enough to do that.

Contrary to what you seem to think, saying this is NOT the same thing as

"to dismiss good quality troops as worthless"...

Regards,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies