Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt suppression and enemies that won't?? Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] Stargrunt suppression and enemies that won't??

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 10:59:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt suppression and enemies that won't??

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Adrian1 <al.ll@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm sure this topic has been mentioned before but what can you do
about
>  opponents that just don't suppress (eg. the aliens in the Aliens
movie).

>  Even if you give green human troops a reason for not suppressing,
>  (combat drugs, etc), they become almost unbeatable.
>
>  So how do I increase kiiling power without turning SG2 into WH40K.

It has been discussed in the past.

Here's my take.  Caveat:  A LOT of people disagree with me.  YMMV.

Suppression models two things as far as I'm concerned.	First is the
natural reflex to hide when folks shoot at you, second is the
common-sense piece of good tactics to find cover when rounds start
coming a bit too close.  Because suppression on occurs when fire is
"almost" effective, to me it is primarily the latter.  So people who
aren't suppressed aren't taking cover.

Simple solution:  All minor successes which would impose only a
suppression are resolved as major successes which inflict casualties.
Major successes have their casualties doubled before armor is rolled.

John
and again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt suppression and enemies that won't?? Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies