Prev: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought. [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought. [TBC] [SEC=P] & FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought. [TBC] [SEC=P] & FTverse colinies

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:49:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought. [TBC] [SEC=P] & FTverse colinies

Mainly, I argue on the basis of granularity; it's as easy to say that
the
dimples, in which that external craft nest, increase the bulk of the
hull
enough to call it the overhead in the rules. *shrug*

JGH wrote on 05/02/2008 10:51:04 AM:

> Plus the fact it makes external maintenance on said small craft a lot
more
> difficult.  And if your shuttles also have hardpoints, reloading
becomes
> a real pain.

****

Parts of the colony size discussion happens fairly regularly; the
possible
population increase has been given some impressive analysis, and
searching
the archives is left to the reader. It's too embarassing for me to look
at
suggestions offered me that I failed to follow up sufficiently.

http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/

How this translates actual economies and fleets tends to be a bit more
handwavium, and each player has free rein to push his own view.

Before you get too excited in comparing a homegrown fleet to the canon
ones, be sure you don't take the fleet books as being exhaustive as to
numbers. Several places, old classes, variants, and new builds are
eluded
to. I always assumed the books were to be 'representative', and the full
fleets could vary significantly from the totals you get working from
JUST
the lists.

The_Beast