Prev: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought. Next: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought.

Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought.

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:52:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought.

Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Robert Mayberry
<robert.mayberry@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> Another thing in FT would to make fighters slightly less disposable
> than they are now. I know that revisiting fighters is a priority for
> the playtest crew, so I imagine we'll see stuff there. Whatever
> happens, it's hard to put a player-character pilot into a game (even
> an Ace) when he dies more often than a character in Paranoia.

Just a brain-wrapping note, you can always PSB it that fighter kills are
not
necessarily outright destruction of the fighter and death of the pilot,
but
more of a 'combat kill', rendering the fighter no longer capable of
combat
and returns to its base ship if possible. So the pilot survives, just
isn't
able to finish the fight this time around. There are ways to represent
this
in actual game play if you want to track 'combat kills' and 'actual
destructions', but it makes life a lot more complicated.

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought. Next: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought.