Prev: Re: [GZG] [Real World] Russian Mig 29 shoots down Georgian UAV Next: Re: [GZG] [Real World] Russian Mig 29 shoots down Georgian UAV

Re: [GZG] [Real World] Russian Mig 29 shoots down Georgian UAV

From: Peter Thoenen <eol1@y...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:21:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [Real World] Russian Mig 29 shoots down Georgian UAV

Frits Kuijlman wrote:
> Tom B wrote:
>
>> Excellent bit of video footage - you can very clearly see the fighter
>> coming in and launching the missile.
>>
>> Russian MiG29 shooting down a Georgian UAV from the UAV's
persepctive...

>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7358761.stm
>
> Nah, that's clearly an abchazian AA gun. At least according to the
> Kremlin:-)

The real question is if its doctored or not.  I mean with todays modern
avionics if the Russians had really wanted to shoot it down and play
"plausible deniability" (?sp) they would have simply launched a R-27 out

at 150km not diving the unsuspecting drone operator chance to zoom in on

the MIG.  Getting up close and getting filmed seems one of those
slap-in-the-face moves but if that was the case, they would own up to
it.  I have my doubts on the legitimacy of the video for this reason
alone.