Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters

From: "Richard Bell" <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:23:24 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters

> A friend of mine has an edition of the 'compact two volume unabridged
> OED' -- the one with each book at 22" x 14", the whole thing weighs
about
> 40 or 50 pounds and comes with it's own bar magnifier.  Whew.
>
> JGH

My mom has that.  It is the full eight volumes of the earlier edition
photographically reduced to two.  Done with the same treatment, the OED2
would still need six volumes, as it would have run to twenty-three
volumes
of readable type.  I had thought that OED2 was one of the first
reference
books to be published in a CD-ROM format.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite